DVS is seeking volunteers (age 18 and older) who are committed to DVS's mission of advocating on behalf of New York's Veterans, Service members, and their families.
Volunteers would provide support to DVS’s essential work of helping Veterans, Servicemembers and their families learn about and apply for the benefits they earned in service.
Volunteers would assist with critical mission-oriented activities including:
- Mentoring under a Veterans Benefits Advisor regarding the benefits process from the federal, state and local perspectives
- Providing administrative assistance to Veterans Benefits Advisors and administrative staff
- Engaging with Veterans to schedule appointments and answer questions/concerns
- Assisting with Governor Initiatives such as Experience Counts and FreshConnect
- Learning administrative processes including Human Resources and Procurement for a state agency
- Representing the agency at outreach events with a Veterans Benefits Advisor
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out this form: DVS volunteer form
If you are a Veteran, this opportunity with DVS can be VA Work-study eligible. More information on the VA Work-study program can be found on the VA website.