The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) administers a variety of education benefit programs. Many Veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one education benefits program, including:
- The Forever GI Bill®
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Educational Assistance Test Program (Section 901)
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- National Call to Service Program
- Vocational Rehabilitation Program and Counseling
- Free education and counseling services are available to service members and Veterans
For information on these programs and more, visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits and services you may be eligible for as a Veteran, Service member, or as a family member of a Veteran or Service member, please call DVS at 1.888.838.7697 (VETSNYS), where you may also schedule an appointment with one of our Veterans Benefits Advisors.