New York State Vendor’s License

New York State Veterans with other than dishonorable discharges from the United States Armed Forces are eligible to apply for a free lifetime Veterans Vendor’s License provided the Veteran served overseas in peace or war. 

This license provides Veterans and surviving spouses with the right to vend, and sell goods, wares or merchandise, or solicit trade on the highways within a specific jurisdiction. 

The permit does not supersede any restrictions placed by City, Town, or Village Clerks except that City, Town, or Village Clerks may not charge Veterans and surviving spouses a fee for a vendor’s license. The County Clerks are responsible for issuing the licenses. An additional no-fee license may be necessary depending on the City, Town, or Village.

For specific information about obtaining a Veteran Vendor’s License, please contact your County Clerk’s Office. Then contact your local City, Town, or Village Clerk’s office to determine what if any restrictions apply in the City, Town, or Village.