Through the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), Veterans can qualify to be exempt from registration fees and vehicle plate fees.
Who Is Eligible?
- You are a Veteran with disabilities receiving a motor vehicles under Federal Title 38 (AUTOMOBILES AND ADAPTIVE EQUIPMENT FOR CERTAIN DISABLED VETERANS AND MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES) or
- You qualify for and apply for Congressional Medal of Honor custom plates, or
- You qualify for and apply for Former Prisoner of War custom plates.
For additional information about the specific registration fee exemptions, please visit the DMV website.
If you need assistance, or just want to learn more about the benefits and services you may be eligible for, schedule an appointment with one of our Veterans Benefits Advisors, all Veterans themselves.
- Call 1-888-838-7697 to speak to an advisor.
- Schedule a phone or video consultation online.
- Use our search to find a Services Office near you.