In collaboration with the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, Veterans Benefits Advisors with the New York State Department of Veterans’ Services are offering FreshConnect checks to Active Duty members, Veterans and their immediate family members, as well as un-remarried surviving spouses of Veterans.
- New York State employees who are Veterans and their immediate family members are eligible to receive FreshConnect checks
- Recipients can use FreshConnect checks for fresh produce and other food items at participating farmers markets throughout New York State.
- Veterans Benefits Advisors distribute FreshConnect checks on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the state of New York.
- The FreshConnect “season” generally begins in July and runs until December.
- Only one booklet of checks per household.
Find a Farmer's Market
For more information, regarding farmers markets and finding the one nearest you