New York State Division of Veterans' Affairs

"I am a "

New York State Peddler’s License

New York State Veterans with other than dishonorable discharges from the United States Armed Forces are eligible to apply for a free lifetime Veterans Peddler’s License provided the Veteran served overseas in peace or war. 

This license provides Veterans and surviving spouses with the right to peddle, vend, and sell goods, wares or merchandise, or solicit trade on the highways within a specific jurisdiction. 

The permit does not supersede any restrictions placed by City, Town, or Village Clerks.  Additionally, there are special licenses available for Veterans with disabilities in New York City.  The City, Town, or Village Clerks are responsible for issuing the licenses.

For specific information about obtaining a Veteran Peddler’s License, please contact your local City, Town, or Village Clerk’s office.

Schedule an Appointment with a Veterans Benefits Advisor



Contact a Veterans Benefits Advisor

Find a Veterans Benefits Advisor Near You!