Andrew M. Cuomo, Governor
Eric J. Hesse, Director
Post-9/11 GI Bill & Other Educational Programs
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) administers a variety of education benefit programs. Many Veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one education benefits program, including:
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Educational Assistance Test Program (Section 901)
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- National Call to Service Program
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program
- Vocational Rehabilitation Program and Counseling
- Free education and counseling services are available to service members and Veterans
For information on these programs and more, visit the VA website at:
Need more help?
For assistance, schedule an appointment with a New York State Division of Veterans’ Affairs (NYS DVA) State Veterans Counselor.
Call the DVA Help Line at 1.888.838.7697, or contact the DVA by email.